Working at Ethics Watch
Colorado Ethics Watch, a project of Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington, is dedicated to promoting ethics and accountability in government and public life through research, litigation, policy advocacy, and media outreach. Colorado Ethics Watch seeks a Research Associate.
- Research potential tips, leads and information for follow-up by legal team.
- Coordinate projects and reports for distribution and publication on the website or to support litigation.
- Conduct investigative research based on Colorado Open Records Act requests or public databases, create spreadsheets, manage data, and help interpret and present data to the public.
- Compose email correspondence and distribute news updates through email distribution list.
- Create, proofread and edit press releases, website materials, reports, and newsletters.
- Post and update information daily for the Colorado Ethics Watch website and social media sites.
Outstanding research and analytical skills
Strong attention to detail and organizational abilities
Excellent writing, editing and fact checking skill
Ability to work as part of a team and independently
Must work well under pressure, adapt to changing situations, and prioritize numerous projects and tasks
Must be a self-starter who can recognize emerging trends and generate creative content ideas
Salary depends on experience. Competitive benefits package, including health insurance and retirement savings.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume no later than July 31, 2015 to Luis Toro, Director, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Law Student Externships
Colorado Ethics Watch is looking for volunteer law student externs. Law student exterms could be asked to perform any or all of the following tasks: conduct legal research, write memoranda or legal briefs, provide litigation support, analyze and track legislation, draft open records requests, review documents and investigate tips regarding possible unlawful or unethical conduct that impacts the public.
Interested applicants should send a cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
Colorado Ethics Watch is offering volunteer opportunities for undergraduate students. Undergraduate students will help support Colorado Ethics Watch's research and investigation activities and gain exposure to a fast-paced, high-profile public interest law practice. Interested applicants should cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.